LONG COVID DEPRESSION AND BRAIN FOG
Treating Long COVID Depression and Brain Fog
Do you think you may be a COVID Long-Hauler?
Do you suffer from Long COVID psychiatric symptoms like brain fog, fatigue, anxiety, depression, cognitive problems, OCD, or suicidal thoughts? Or maybe you’re wondering, can COVID cause anxiety attacks?
Long COVID can be a debilitating, frightening condition. Often a COVID long-hauler just wants to feel healthy like they used to; they just want their old life back.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from pandemic brain fog or anxiety and depression after COVID, we are here to help. Through a variety of sophisticated laboratory tests that can point toward targeted treatments to help you recover, combined with psychiatric medications to alleviate symptoms, we can get you on the road to recovery.
How We Help
By testing for gut microbiome and cellular health problems, we can use nutritional interventions to heal the gut and improve cellular functioning, to reduce brain inflammation and boost immunity.
We work with specialized laboratories, and immunology and neurology practices, to help identify and treat problems such as pro-inflammatory genetic variations, anti-brain antibodies, persisting inflammation, reactivated infections such as Lyme or EBV, and immune system dysregulation.
What Causes Long COVID?
If you are suffering from prolonged symptoms following a COVID infection, like depression fog or long-haul COVID anxiety, the following factors may be at play:
- Your gut and its microbiome, a hugely important source of healthy immune system functioning, may be suffering from dysbiosis, inflammation, maldigestion, pathogenic bacteria, or metabolic problems. We can identify and heal these problems.
- Your immune system may be producing antibodies that are attacking your brain cells. We use a specialized laboratory test to uncover these antibodies and help direct treatment targeted to Long COVID brain.
- You may have a family history of autoimmune conditions, such as Crohn’s Disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, that predispose to Long COVID. We can arrange for an immunologist to test you for inherited immune system dysfunction
- You may have suffered from a previous infection such as Herpes, Strep, Lyme, or Mono (EBV) that have been reactivated by the Coronavirus SARS-2. We can refer you to the right specialists for treatment based upon your test results.
- You may have persisting inflammatory molecules called cytokines and chemokines in your bloodstream. We can test for these and help determine the best way to reduce them.
- You may have blood clots blocking tiny blood vessels, which can prevent enough oxygen and nutrients from reaching the mitochondrial "power plants" in your cells, resulting in chronic fatigue and brain fog. We can order blood studies to help detect these problems, and refer you to specialists to treat them.
Long COVID Resources
How your gut microbiome plays a role in immunity
70% of immune system functioning resides in your gut.
How your immune system plays a role in your mental health
Conditions such as Long COVID depression, brain fog, and anxiety can be caused by your immune system.
Genetic testing can provide important clues to help your immune system
Certain genes predispose to inflammation and can be turned on or turned off with targeted use of supplements, and certain prescription medications, to improve Long COVID depression.
Cellular and microbiome health problems can contribute to brain fog
Your 30 trillion human cells and 90 trillion gut microbes are inextricably linked. We can help you heal both to restore your healthy brain function.
Not sure it's long COVID?
sometimes preexisting conditions are worsened by COVID, and may have other causes such as genetic vulnerabilities, epigenetic factors, life stressors, hormone imbalances, and more. If you are wondering if you have long COVID or something else, we can help.