Helping others brings us enormous joy.
Since 1982, Potomac Psychiatry has provided highly personalized and responsive psychiatric care to all age groups. Our comprehensive, thoughtful, and sophisticated approach to understanding and solving emotional problems can help you and your loved ones.
Our caring professionals evaluate and treat The Whole Person, and during these troubling times of pandemic anxiety, find comfort in knowing we can provide you all of our comprehensive psychiatric services remotely, in the comfort of your own home.
We will do Whatever It Takes to help you feel well, recover your health, improve your relationships with others, and determine your destiny.
We are driven to meticulously identify and precisely treat the underlying biological, psychological, and social causes of emotional distress; persistently striving to help our patients achieve a full recovery. Whatever It Takes may include innovative genetic and laboratory testing; coordination with other medical specialists and nutritionists; medication and supplements; nutrition and lifestyle management; and uncovering the unconscious and interpersonal causes of emotional pain.
Feel better faster, at a lower cost. Through personalized precision psychiatry, a genetic test can reduce the cost of treatment and improve quality-of-life in patients with depression. And in patients with mood or anxiety disorders, three months following the use of genetic testing information, 87% showed clinically measurable improvement; and for those patients with two or more prior treatment failures, 91% showed clinically measurable improvement. Patients also reported significant decreases in medication side effects.
To save you money, we can provide a genetic testing consultation, or a second opinion using genetic testing, along with a written treatment plan that could be carried out by an outside psychiatrist who participates with your health insurance plan.
We serve clients from the Potomac River Basin (Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC), throughout the United States, and overseas.
Can you relate to any of the following?
- I want a personalized, precise approach to help me feel better
- I’ve never consulted with a psychiatrist before, and don’t know what to expect
- I have not fully recovered and want to feel better as soon as possible
- My current treatment is not working as well as I had hoped
- I am not responding that well to medication
- I feel like giving up
Imagine you could…
- Be provided a precise treatment roadmap based upon cutting-edge science
- Partner with a psychiatrist who will do whatever it takes to help you achieve a full recovery as soon as possible
- Avoid a “trial and error” approach to prescription medications
- Have your current treatment optimized to achieve better results
- Be prescribed medication, supplements and lifestyle modifications tailored to your personal genetic makeup
- Feel hopeful that your dedicated team of practitioners can and will provide answers and solutions
You don’t have to imagine it.
Discover Personalized Precision Psychiatry and begin a healing journey with us that is evidence-based and uniquely yours.
What to Expect
At Potomac Psychiatry, wherever possible you will be seen within 48 hours of your telephone call, so no anxious waiting for your first appointment. Our award-winning professionals look forward to helping you. Contact us to discuss your needs or to schedule an appointment.