If you live at a distance we can help through the use of telepsychiatry. After your first visit on-site, we can follow you through secure video communication (provided your doctor is licensed in the state where you primarily reside) using your laptop, smart phone, tablet, or personal computer. Please call us at 301.984.9791 to schedule your first consultation.
What is Telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is the use of telecommunication and computer information technology to facilitate real-time videoconferencing between you and your psychiatrist. Telepsychiatry has been demonstrated to be as clinically effective as face-to-face counseling sessions, demonstrating similar or improved levels of patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
Benefits of Telepsychiatry
- Increased convenience: You can receive specialized behavioral health treatment from the comfort of your home, without the hassle or cost of visiting the offices of your psychiatrist.
- Quality of care: By allowing your psychiatrist to connect with you on a more routine basis, telepsychiatry offers greater continuity of care. This offers you Increased quality and a broader range of services while you are in the comfort of your home or office.
- Access: This overcomes barriers to your receiving services from us such as geographic distance, transportation difficulties and time limitations.
- Privacy: The technology platform we use is HIPAA-compliant, using 256-bit encryption (bank-level security).
- Simplicity of use: The telepsychiatry platform is very easy to use. All you need is a webcam, a computer and Internet to log in and begin the psychiatry session with your doctor.