When Should I Seek Treatment For Sexual Addiction?
Do you feel your sexual behavior has caused you to lose sight of healthy relationships? Are you experiencing problems forming and maintaining satisfying long-term relationships because your sexual urges are wreaking havoc on your life?
Signs of sexual addiction:
- Trouble controlling sexual urges
- Sexual thoughts and/or behaviors that occur at a frequency which seems to be beyond your control.
- Partaking in sexual acts and having thoughts of sex which begin to dominate your life and thoughts.
- Being unable to form emotional bonds with sexual partners.
- Feeling ashamed of your sexual behavior.
- Numerous affairs
- Multiple sexual partners or one night stands
- Multiple instances of unprotected sex
If you have experienced two or more of these symptoms please all 301.984.9791 to contact us and schedule an appointment.
What Is Sexual Addiction?
Sexual addiction, in simple terms, is when your sex life starts to take control of you. Maybe this means you are cheating on your partner. Or, you’re single and your life revolves around looking for the next sexual encounter. Perhaps you’re spending large sums of money, time, or both just to have sex. Sexual addiction can get in the way of having a productive life and a healthy, lasting relationship. Understandably, this is not a topic that’s easily discussed, which invariably leads to carrying around extraordinary amounts of guilt.
Consequences of sexual addiction:
- Low self-esteem
- Intense anxiety
- Broken Marriages
- Loss of Job
- Fear of abandonment
- Sexual addiction can lead to other addictions such as alcohol and drug use as an outlet to help cope with ones sexual addiction.
- Health issues such as STD’s (Sexual Transmitted Diseases)
- Financial or legal issues
Learn about treatment for sexual addiction
Call 301.984.9791 to contact us, discuss your needs and schedule an appointment. Our experienced professionals look forward to meeting you.