Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
- Helen Keller
Psychological Testing Services and Requests for Accommodations under the ADA
Do you or someone you care about suffer from some of these symptoms?
- Trouble staying focused
- Easily distracted
- Difficulty keeping current with homework assignments
- Frequently running out of time during exams at school
- Poor performance on standardized testing
- Chronically falling behind with responsibilities at work
- Feeling constantly overwhelmed by day-to-day responsibilities
- Unsure of your academic or workplace strengths and weaknesses
If two or more of these symptoms are present, psychological testing may be helpful. Please call 301.984.9791 to contact us to discuss your needs and schedule an appointment.
Psychoeducational testing reports for assessment of ADHD and learning disorders
We provide psychoeducational testing reports for assessment of ADHD and Learning Disorders in children, adolescents and adults. These reports may be used to support your application for reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to help minimize the impact of a disability in the workplace, in a university setting, or while taking standardized tests such as the LSAT, GRE, SAT, GMAT, or MCAT.
Testing is provided for the following uses:
- Diagnostic assessment for the purpose of Work or Educational Accommodations:
- Learning Disorders
- Depression and other Mood Disorders
- Forensic Concerns
- Clarification of clinical questions regarding:
- Differing diagnoses
- Cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- Personality traits
Perhaps you have always suspected you or someone you care about has ADHD and wondered how it interacts with other cognitive strengths and impacts daily functioning. Recommendations resulting from such testing can also be utilized in therapy as you discover how you best learn and work, to help you and your therapist build routines that make you more effective at home, in school and at work.
Each clinical assessment will consist of the following parts:
- Meeting with the evaluator for an extensive interview to discuss your needs, and the appropriate tests to be given.
- Testing will then be provided over the course of two sessions, each lasting approximately 4 hours. A variety of tests assessing cognitive, emotional, and educational factors will be administered.
- You will then meet the evaluator to discuss the test results, diagnostic impressions, and recommendations. The evaluator will answer any questions you may have at that point. A detailed report will be provided as well.
- The evaluator will assist you in support of your application for accommodations.
We look forward to helping you
Call 301.984.9791 to contact us, discuss your needs, and schedule a 15 minute no-cost consultation to learn more about our psychological testing services; or schedule your appointment with Dr. Wu.