To save you money, we can provide a genetic testing consultation, or a second opinion using genetic testing, along with a written treatment plan that could be carried out by an outside psychiatrist who participates with your health insurance plan.
Can you relate to any of the following?
- I want a personalized, precise approach to help me feel better
- I have not fully recovered
- My current treatment is not working as well as I had hoped
- I am not responding that well to medication
- I feel like giving up
Imagine you could…
- Be provided a precise treatment roadmap based upon cutting-edge science
- Partner with a psychiatrist who will do whatever it takes to help you achieve a full recovery
- Have your current treatment optimized to achieve better results
- Be prescribed medication, supplements and lifestyle modifications tailored to your personal genetic makeup
- Feel hopeful that your dedicated team of practitioners can and will provide answers and solutions
You don’t have to imagine it.
Discover Personalized Precision Psychiatry and begin a healing journey with us that is evidence-based and uniquely yours. Keep your current mental healthcare professional and contact us to obtain a second opinion which we can share with you and them.
Please call us at 301.327.1835 to learn more about our second opinion services, as we will do “Whatever it Takes” to help you to:
- Feel Well
- Recover Your Health
- Determine Your Destiny
Our Second Opinion Consultation provides the following benefits:
- Genetic testing using Genomind’s Professional PGx and/or Mental Health Map Assays
- Comprehensive psychiatric history
- Additional laboratory tests
- Follow-up session to present our findings to you and (if desired) your family members
- A written report with our findings and treatment recommendations
Additional options include:
If you are in psychotherapy or being treated by a psychiatrist and not getting better, or would like to recover more quickly, order Dr. Kehr’s Book, Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love
If you would like to better understand the steps that you can take to restore your health, download Dr. Kehr’s Book, Ease Emotional Pain: 9 Steps to Build Yourself a Healthier Brain
If you live at a distance, we also offer: telepsychiatry services.
At times individuals initiate psychiatric care, and despite following initial treatment recommendations, they continue to experience some or all of their troubling symptoms. At Potomac Psychiatry, our goal is to help our patients experience full symptom relief.
We will perform a comprehensive review of your symptom history, family history, and any laboratory tests already done, as well as communicate with your internist and other healthcare professionals. At that point, we will recommend measures to further investigate contributing factors, including laboratory tests, genetic testing, or food allergy testing.
This information will help form a treatment plan targeted toward improving your continuing symptoms. This may include medication changes, recommendations regarding nutrition or supplements, a plan for psychotherapy, or referral for other treatment modalities.
Psychiatric Second Opinions and Specialized evaluations are available for many situations and include:
- Unclear diagnosis or coexistence of multiple conditions at once
- Refractory mood disorders (depression, bipolar, and others)
- Refractory anxiety disorders (panic attacks, generalized anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and others)
- Refractory psychotic disorders
- Psychiatric disorders affected by or influencing concurrent serious medical illness (e.g. depression and heart disease, anxiety and thyroid disease, organ transplantation, etc.)
- And more …