Entrusting the life of a loved one, or your own life, to the care of a doctor can be fraught with fear, anxiety, and uncertainty. How do you know if you are making the right choice? What if you discover that the doctor is poorly trained, isn’t particularly knowledgeable, or doesn’t fully listen to and appreciate your concerns?
Or perhaps your doctor is fine, but their administrative staff members are indifferent, or don’t follow up with you as promised.
Regrettably, many of us have wished in retrospect that we could have chosen a better doctor or practice.
Why Choose Potomac Psychiatry?
At Potomac Psychiatry, we know that making a big decision like this is never easy. And while nobody can make this decision for you, we hope we can make your choice a little easier. You see, in deciding between countless other psychiatric practices, numerous independent organizations have chosen to honor us as one of the best in the region—and in the nation.
By choosing Potomac Psychiatry, you can rest assured that our doctors have been vouched for, vetted, and praised from the local to the international level. Each of the prestigious organizations that have recognized us grants their awards based upon fully transparent methodologies outlined in the awards section below.
What makes Potomac Psychiatry stand out?
- Fundamental to the heart and soul of our practice, our doctor-patient relationships are characterized by a sacred, inviolable trust
- We have been trusted by the community for over 40 years
- Our doctors are experienced leaders within the field of psychiatry, and have held significant positions at other institutions prior to joining us
- All of our psychiatrists possess “the heart of a therapist” and combine psychotherapy with medications.
- Each patient is treated as a unique individual, and we evaluate and treat them as a Whole Person using cutting-edge techniques that help identify the root cause of their suffering, including innovative genetic testing, gut microbiome assessment, cellular health assays, food sensitivity analyses, comprehensive blood studies, and more
- Our Founder is a nationally recognized leader in the field of psychiatry, author of a best-selling self-help book, and has written over 200 blogs covering emerging knowledge and insights
- Always ready to learn more and stay on top of current research, our practice regularly hosts internal “Brain Science Breakthroughs” meetings where we learn the latest scientific breakthroughs in the evaluation and treatment of emotional illness from the leading scientists and clinicians in the field of psychiatry
- Our clinical staff includes a highly accomplished functional nutritionist, to help build out nutritional treatment plans unique to each individual patient
- We are committed to continuous innovation in the service of providing better care
- We have embraced the use of genetic testing for the past nine years, have used it to benefit over 2000 of our patients, enabling us to bring deep knowledge and experience with the clinical applications of this testing
- Our blog has been read by over 1,000,000 people in 206 countries, which validates the innovation and thought leadership that characterizes our practice
- Our administrative staff pride themselves in providing responsive, caring answers to questions, and when they commit to get something done, they do it
To learn more about our awards, and the methods used to grant them, please read below.