Forensic Psychiatry & Expert Witness Evaluation and Testimony
Forensic psychiatry is a subspecialty of psychiatry that includes the areas in which psychiatry is applied to legal issues, risk assessment and other facets of government such as professional licensing agencies. In the legal realm, forensic psychiatry has a role in both civil and criminal litigation.
Potomac Psychiatry offers expert consultation in forensic psychiatry through the experience and expertise of Dr. Portillo. Dr. Portillo is a board certified forensic psychiatrist with experience in civil and criminal cases, cases related to employment issues such as fitness for duty evaluations as well as expertise in evaluating impaired professionals.
Potomac Psychiatry provides consultation for both plaintiff and defense attorneys. Consultation includes, but is not limited to, case and record review, independent medical evaluations, forensic psychiatric reports, depositions and courtroom testimony. Areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Malpractice and standards of care for mental health providers
- Emotional injury/damages
- Recommendation of treatment needs and prognosis
- Mental disability claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Evaluations of adults in matters of parental rights
- Fitness for duty
- Workers compensation claims
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission claims
- Impaired professionals
- Racial, sexual, gender, or religious discrimination and/or harassment
- Workplace violence risk assessment
- Testamentary Capacity
Contact us at (301) 301-9791 to discuss Potomac Psychiatry’s expert witness services.