Psychiatric Second Opinions - Rockville Maryland
In health care, clinicians and clients commonly seek independent second opinion consultations about diagnoses and treatment approaches.
Potomac Psychiatry’s Second Opinion Program provides consultative services to other therapists and psychiatrists to help "unstick" a therapy that is "stuck," or provide an opinion about the use of alternative medications.
We will provide you a careful assessment, and a written opinion to share with your treating psychiatrist or therapist, and will respect the existing therapeutic relationship and ongoing therapy.
Specialized evaluations are available for many situations, among them:
- Unclear diagnosis or coexistence of multiple conditions at once
- Refractory mood disorders (depression, bipolar, and others)
- Refractory anxiety disorders (panic attacks, generalized anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and others)
- Refractory psychotic disorders
- Psychiatric disorders affected by or influencing concurrent serious medical illness (e.g. depression and heart disease, anxiety and thyroid disease, organ transplantation, etc.)
- And more …
Call us at 301.984.9791 to discuss Potomac Psychiatry’s second opinion services.
McLean 22101- McLean 22102 - McLean 22106 - Great Falls 22066 - Arlington 22201 - Arlington 22202 - Arlington 22203 - Arlington 22205 - Falls Church 22041 - Vienna 22181 - Alexandria 22314