Psychiatric Assessment - Our Approach
At Potomac Psychiatry, when we evaluate our clients we seek answers using the "Biopsychosocial Model" of diagnosis and treatment.
Using this detailed and thorough evaluation process, we search for the biological factors that are contributing to your problems such as health status, medications used, genetic predispositions, alcohol and drug use, nutrition, and exercise patterns. We also explore the psychological factors such as unconscious influences, childhood traumas, and "emotional sticking points" from the past. We analyze social and environmental forces such as work-related stressors, and marital and family conflict. Finally, we probe for existential and spiritual factors to your emotional conflicts, such as "Do I have sufficient meaning and purpose in my life?"
Once we understand the contributions of all of these factors we explain them to you, and where appropriate to your family. We then collaborate with you to develop a mutually agreed-upon treatment plan.
Potomac Psychiatry also offers specialized services such as:
- Private waiting rooms available for "high profile" clients,
- An introductory telephone conversation with a doctor or therapist prior to scheduling your first appointment with them
- Psychotherapy for adults and senior executives,
- Child and adolescent psychiatry, and
- Individual, family, and couples therapy
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Medication management services for adults, children & adolescents, and senior citizens.
- ADHD coacing
- Alternative medicine
- Eating disorders
- Expert witness evaluations and testimony
- Group therapy
- Management and Organizational Consulting Services
- Sexual addiction
- Substance abuse
- Suboxone Maintenance
Call us at 301.984.9791 to discuss your needs or to schedule an appointment.
McLean 22101- McLean 22102 - McLean 22106 - Great Falls 22066 - Arlington 22201 - Arlington 22202 - Arlington 22203 - Arlington 22205 - Falls Church 22041 - Vienna 22181 - Alexandria 22314